EGCO Forest Youth Camp
Believing that environment awareness should be developed among young children so that they can play a larger role in natural resources and environment conservation in the future, EGCO Group and the Doi Inthanond National Park work closely in hosting the EGCO Youth Camp since 1997 at the Doi Inthanond National Park in Chiangmai. The project was then expanded to the Khao Luang National Park, Nakorn Sri Thammarat in 2004 and the Tai Rom Yen (Peaceful South) National Park, Surat Thani in 2006. As of now, more than 2,000 youths have participated in these camps.
How to Fight Global Warming with Sustainable Living
Since 2007, EGCO Group and the Thai Environment Institute has been selecting schools which have shown the potential in organizing educational activities relating to energy and environmental conservation as the Learning Centers to How to Fight Against Global Warming with Sustainable Living.. 7 schools in 5 regions were chosen as pilot schools that have developed teaching plans and educational materials under the concept of fighting global warming with sufficient lifestyle. The scheme is to be expanded to 14 more schools in the future.
7 Learning Centers to How to Fight Global Warming with Sustainable Living:
- 1. Wat Samaedam School, Bangkok.
- 2. Prachin Rat-amrung School, Prachin Buri.
- 3. Kawila Wittayalai School, Chiang Mai.
- 4. Fang Wittayayon School, Khon Kaen.
- 5. Ratcha Prachanukroh 29 School, Sri Saket.
- 6. Chalerm Phrakiat Somdet Phra Sri Nakarin School, Phuket.
- 7. Wat Khao Phra Nim School, Surat Thani.
14 network schools under the How to Fight Global Warming with Sustainable Living:
- 1. Baan San Pa Sak School, Chiang Mai
- 2. Sadet Chuan Wanachayangkul Wittaya, Lampamg
Upper northeast region:
- 3. Baan Nong Nasang School, Roi-et
- 4. Thung Yai Rattanaseuksa School, Khaon Kaen
Lower northeast region:
- 5. Seuksa Songkroh Nangrong School, Buriram
- 6. Phok Pittayakhom Ratchamagalaphisek, Sri Saket
- 7. Nikhon Wittaya School, Rayong
- 8. Kroksomboon Wittayakhom School, Prachin Buri
- 9. Bangkhen (Waisalee Anusorn) School, Bangkok
- 10. Moo Baan Koh Pho School, Bangkok.
Upper southern region:
- 11. Kanchanadit School, Surat Thani
- 12. Khanom Pittaya School, Nakhon Sri Thammarat.
Lower southern region:
- 13. Baan Kathu School, Phuket
- 14. Baan Tha Nun School, Phang-Nga.
EGCO Group and the Tai Wisdom Association explore the horizon in developing creative thinking along with developing a mindset for energy and environmental conservation for preschool and elementary school children. The project includes childrens camps on learning about life, nature, energy and the environment using multiple types of educational media and activities such as talking from first hand experience, internet search and simple scientific experiments. These fun activities are aimed to effectively develop childrens learning skills, interaction skills and creativity. EGCO Group and the Tai Wisdom Association has begun cooperating to develop energy and environmental conservation educational activities since 2007.